Skip to main content

Love is God and God is Love

Pure, unconditional love is the ultimate energy. The sum toto of all Existence. It describes this "God energy" that pervades this universe. Without love and kindness everyone will wither away. When the mind is firmly established in equanimity then love, kindness and compassion flow naturally from our Being. We can harm no one and no one can harm us.

Kanda Guru Kavacham beautifully describes love in the following words:
படர்ந்த அன்பினை நீ பரப்பிரம்மம் என்றனையே
உலகெங்கு முள்ளது ஒருபொருள் அன்பேதான்
உள்ளுயிராகி இருப்பதும் அன்பென்றாய்
You (Skanda) said that spreading love is Para Brahma
The only thing around this world is Love.
And Love is the only thing that is like a soul within us.

அன்பே குமரன் அன்பே ஸ்கந்தன்
அன்பே ஓமெனும் அருள்மந்திரம் என்றாய்
அன்பை உளத்திலே அசையாது அமர்த்திடுமோர்
Love is Kumara, Love is Skanda
You told me that Love is the holy chant Om
Make love a stable power in my mind.

அன்பே சிவமும்; அன்பே சக்தியும்
அன்பே ஹரியும்; அன்பே பிரம்மனும்
அன்பே தேவரும்; அன்பே மனிதரும்
அன்பே நீயும்; அன்பே நானும்
Love is Shiva, Love is Sakthi
Love is Hari, Love is Brahma
Love is God, Love is Men
You are love and I am love

அன்பே சத்தியம்; அன்பே நித்தியம்
அன்பே சாந்தம்; அன்பே ஆனந்தம்
அன்பே மௌனம்; அன்பே மோக்ஷம்
அன்பே பிரம்மமும்; அன்பே அனைத்துமென்றாய்
Love is Truth, Love is permanent
Love is Peace, Love is happiness.
Love is Silence, Love is Salvation.
Love is Brahman and you told me Love is everything

அன்பிலாத இடம் அங்குமிங்கு மில்லையென்றாய்
எங்கும் நிறைந்த அன்பே என் குருநாதனப்பா
அன்பில் உறையும் அருட்குரு நாதரே தான்
The place without Love is neither here nor there
The love that is filled everywhere is my teacher
And he is the sacred teacher steeped in Love.

The Holy Bible talks beautifully on Love as well in Corinthian 13. All religions speak the same truth.

CORINTHIANS 13

 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
And if I have  a prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,  so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, [ but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient and  kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it  does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.
“So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kandha Guru Kavacham

One of my favorite chants is Kandha Guru Kavacham. It is dedicated to Lord Karthikeya also called Lord Muruga. Lord Karthikeya is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Paravathi. He is the brother of Lord Ganesha.  Kanda Guru Kavacham is a very long chant in Tamil dedicated to Lord Muruga. It is a prayer asking for protection and guidance from Lord Muruga. Here is the link to the English translation of the chant. http://www.skandagurunatha.org/…/sk…/skanda-guru-kavasam.pdf The root mantra in this chant is  ஓம் ஸெளம் சரவணபவ ஸ்ரீம் ஹ்ரீம் க்லீம்  க்லௌம் ஸெளம் நம "Om Soum Saravana Bhava Sreem Hreem Kleem Kloum Soum Namaha" "Om" is the pranava mantra. Saravana in reference for God. Soum, Sreem, Hreem, Kleem and Kloum are Bija mantras. Bija mantras or seed mantras are one-syllable seed sounds that activate the energy of the chakras i n order to purify and balance the mind and body. When you chant the bija mantras, you resonate with the energy of the associated chakra,

The Mystical Shiva Lingam

It was Dec 11th, 2019. A month before my toe bunion surgery. I had started a major kitchen remodeling project that had turned into a fiasco. My mother was visiting me from India to help me recuperate from my surgery. I was in deep turmoil wondering how I would manage surgery, mom without a fully functional kitchen. All the appliances had been ripped off and the contractor was not motivated to complete the project. I also had other challenges going on in my personal life. My mind was in turmoil. I prayed to the Almighty for guidance and solace.  One of my ex-colleagues, Anmolji, was an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva and Ramana Maharishi. We had exchanged a few emails and interacted across various discussion forums. On Dec 11th, 2019 Anmolji told me he would call me after he finished chanting Rudram. Rudram is a divine chant to Lord Shiva. He called me up and suddenly at the start of the conversation he exclaimed loudly, "Laksh I cannot believe my eyes. Let me send you a picture. Can

My Brush with COVID-19

 After nearly two and a half years I decided to visit my parents in Chennai in Dec 2021. It was meant to be a short two week trip. I landed in Chennai the day after Christmas. Unfortunately on Jan 2nd my Dad tested positive for COVID. Although his symptoms were mild, I was advised to rush him to the hospital as a precautionary measure. Due to his age and co morbidities he was admitted in the hospital and his treatment was started immediately. Within two days I also tested positive for COVID. Although outwardly it may seem like we were in great suffering inwardly this was a good period for spiritual observation and growth. Let me share the spiritual insights I gained during this tumultuous period through this blog post.  With the onset of COVID my body ached like never before. It was 1000 times worse than the body pain caused during flu. I had done the Vipassana meditation retreat where we are taught to impersonally observe our body sensations and understand the habit patterns of the mi